Counseling and Guidance
Counseling is a process in which help is provided by means of talking and listening methods. It helps you to understand and solve all the problems affecting your academic performance and personal growth by focusing and developing an understanding about them.
Role of Counselor
- Be non-judgmental and respect your values, choices and lifestyle.
- Listen carefully to you and offer support and understanding, in a non-critical way.
- Help you to explore areas of your feelings, thinking and behaving where you may experience being stuck.
- Help you to make appropriate choices, decisions, or changes.
Counseling will be provided to ensure the confidentiality in all concerned issues you are bringing to the counselor in a warm and empathetic environment.
Who may consult and when?
Student who want:
- To Address and resolve specific problems.
- To cope with crisis and change.
- To develop personal insight and knowledge
- To improve relationships with others
- To improve decision making
- To work through feelings of inner conflict
How you can contact the counseling and guidance services?
Top management and HoDs may make a phone call in case of emergency or for a referral depending upon the seriousness of the case to keep it on the priority for the appointment.
Students may come with their referral letters duly signed in by their respective HoDs or they can mail to fix an appointment. They will be notified about their appointment by email.
Who will be providing the counseling?
Dr. Shazia Hasan
(Phd. Clinical Psychology)
Incharge Counseling Service
Assistant Professor (MS)