MS/PhD (Electrical Engineering)
The MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering program provides advanced education and
research to develop knowledge & expertise in engineering of telecommunication
networks and systems. Strong emphasis is placed on the areas of mobile wireless
communications, communication signal processing, broadband computer networks, RF/microwave
engineering, optical communications, and embedded electronic system design.
Specialized state-of-the-art laboratories and computer facilities are available
in the above areas.
Student can undertake any one of the following three tracks to complete the MS program
- Research Based: 8 courses + 6 credit hour, year-long research thesis. This
thread would be required if the student plans to pursue a PhD recognized
- Course Work Based: The student can undertake 10 courses, two compensating
for the research thesis
- Project Based: This would be a practical track where a student can take 9
courses and a 6 month MS Project that has relevance to industrial practices
Program at Glance:-
- 18 Months (Three Semesters)
- 30 credit hours
- Offered each Fall semester
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering in any related discipline (min. CGPA
- Graduates (min. CGPA 2.5/4.0) with a 16-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Electronics or Physics shall be eligible for this program, subject to passing with
minimum of C+ grade (or 65% marks) in the prerequisite courses recommended by
the departmental graduate
The admission into the graduate program are very competitive based on merit. The merit will be determined on the basis of the academic record, test and interview.
- A 16 years degree in the relevant field from an accredited educational institution with first division (annual system) or CGPA2.5/4.0 (semester system) with no third division or D grade throughout the academic career.
- NTS GAT(General) with 50% marks
- MS/M.Phil or its equivalent degree in the relevant field from an accredited educational institution with CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or 70% marks with no third division or D grade throughout Academic career.
- GRE (Subject) as per HEC policy or NTS GAT (Subject) with 60% Marks.