Department of Electrical Engineering at COMSATS IIT, Lahore, caters to all the needs of the current technological innovations. It strives to open the minds of students to knowledge and enable them to take the best advantage of the educational facilities here. COMSATS has a strong history of providing quality, career-oriented education.
Department of Electrical Engineering is committed for Quality Education, Productive Research and Service to the Humanity. It offers opportunities for specialization in various areas including Image Processing, VLSI design, Computer Architecture, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data Communications and Web Engineering. The Department has its IEEE Chapter, the largest forum of research for EE Engineers. Student membership to IEEE is available from this chapter. Department regularly holds different Exhibitions, conferences & seminars and also provides recognized Cisco Certified trainings (CCNA, CCNP, etc). Students work under the supervision of highly qualified faculty. Choosing to study at COMSATS will help you to make the most of your potential. The department wishes all the students a successful, long-lived, engineering-based career path.
Dual Degree Programme (DDP)
A landmark of agreement between COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) and Lancaster University, UK has allowed Pakistani students to earn an international degree from a high ranking UK University in addition to their own degree from CIIT. The most obvious advantage of the Dual Degree Programme (C-L DDP) would be the benefit of an international degree at an affordable cost without leaving the comfort of home.
Dual Degree Programme (C-L DDP) carriers a lot of significance,
it is a kind of Programme launched in Pakistan for the very first
time and by the two top-ranked institutions: COMSATS
Institute of Information Technology, ranked among the top
06 institutions of higher education in Pakistan and Lancaster
University, which is ranked among the top 10 universities in the UK and top 200 universities in the world.
BS Electrical (Computer) Engineering (COMSATS) / B Eng (Hons) Computer Systems Engineering (Lancaster University, U K)
Computer Engineering is one of the most versatile Engineering Discipline today. It can broadly be described as blend of electronics engineering and computer science. There is a lot of interest in the areas of industrial automation and embedded systems that is proving to be an emerging field in Pakistan today. The B. Eng (Hons) degree in Computer Systems Engineering is accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK, whereas, BS degree in Electrical (Computer) Engineering is one of the accredited Programmes of CIIT by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
Facilities of the Programme:
The department houses all the facilities to cater to the needs for the Telecommunication Engineering Programme. The department has the following laboratories for the undergraduate Programme:
- RF/Microwave, Antenna & Radar Lab
- Microprocessor / VLSI Lab
- Communications Lab
- Computing Labs
- Networking Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Machine Lab
- Project Lab
Salient Features of the Programme:
- Lancaster University, UK validates, evaluates and monitors the educational Programmes at CIIT to make them compatible with their standards.
- Students registered in the Programme at CIIT are considered ‘external students’ of Lancaster University, while undertaking their studies at CIIT’s Lahore Campus, with joint monitoring and support of Lancaster University.
- On successful completion of the four year Programme, students are awarded two degree, one by Lancaster University and other by CIIT.
- The students are the alumni of both Lancaster University and CIIT.
- The students have full access to online resources of Lancaster University.
- Top class foreign qualified faculty, library, specialized labs like Electronics, Communications, Microprocessor/VLSI, Networking, Machine, Computing etc. and other allied facilities are at par with Lancaster University standards.
- Quality assurance of the Programme is jointly ensured by Lancaster University and CIIT.
- C-L DDP is highly cost effective, compared to what it would normally cost, if the students actually go and study at Lancaster University, U K.
Students who demonstrate academic excellence by achieving outstanding positions, at the end of semester, in each degree Programme, shall be awarded merit scholarships. Regulation regarding award of scholarships are notified separately.
The Electrical Engineering department is comprised of a world class, mostly foreign qualified faculty with specializations in diverse fields such as Communications, Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Optical Communications, Automation, Embedded Systems, VLSI Design, Signal Processing, Semiconductors and 3rd Generation Cellular Systems. The faculty members have also extensive industrial and market experience. COMSATS faculty is committed to inculcate the Quality Education to the students of International standard.